Increases ROI on collaborative efforts by:
- Enabling thoughtful discussions and deliberation tied to self-selected pieces of information within most common file types in an organized, efficient, and auditable manner.
- Supporting associative thinking (i.e., seeing meaningful connections between pieces of information that are situated in distinctly different contexts) by simplifying the process of recognizing important relationships between fragment that are located at a distance from each other, linking related fragments within and between documents, and describing the relationships.
- Maintaining a link or tether from each fragment exported from the HyLighter data structure to other applications (e.g., a reporting application or spreadsheet, an analytics platform, a Word document or PDF) back to the exact location of the fragment in its source document for instant access to its context (i.e., what does it mean), lineage (where did it come from), and pedigree (how reliable is the information).
- Providing various mechanisms for the efficient coordination of efforts by large groups to make sense of enormous quantities of unstructured data.
- Helping users to uncover patterns of meaning spread across many documents and locations by filtering and extracting data from the HyLighter annotation layer and representing the results in a searchable, sortable, filterable, customizable tabular format (e.g., in reporting software or an Excel spreadsheet) or in a wide variety of visual representations (e.g., as a node graph).
HyLighter is where highlighting and discussion meet, the Social Web and Information Web intersect, and human and machine intelligence amplify each other to enhance decision making and organizational learning.
Is easy to use
- Browser based, scalable, extensible.
- Integrates with SharePoint and supports most file types.
- Public APIs available.
- Tightly integrates communication and content.
- LDAP and Active Directory support.
- Provides a consistent method for document collaboration across all supported file types.
- Share thoughts and connect pieces of information before changes occur.
- Make thinking transparent for reflection and feedback.
- Reduce duplication of effort, version errors, and loss of information.
- Connect related fragments across multiple sources and connect people to targeted fragments.
- Engage in thinking practices that accelerate learning and improve performance.
- Support the generation of new knowledge.
- Enhance rational decision making.
- Facilitate organizational fusion and alignment.
Lowers Operational Costs
- Faster and richer information sharing.
- Integrates existing tools and supports common file types.
- Intuitive GUI to minimize training costs and increase adoption.
- Provides rich analytics for a variety of benefits.
- Standard Licensing by floating seats or SaaS model (early 2013).
- Improves performance and productivity.