Browser support: Universal access over the Internet or through an Intranet, highly scalable, extensible, economical, and easy to learn and use.
- iPad 1, 2, & 3
- Available through Pinpoint email - User sends a selected fragment and comment to recipient by email. Recipient replies from smart phone and comment is posted to document margin in HyLighter.
Integrates with LDAP and Active Directory
- Provisions for authorization and authentication are consistent with established practices.
Import Documents from Various Sources
- SharePoint Library
- Online Repository
Supported File types
- Scanned documents
- HTML 5*
File size limitations
- Import Word and PDF files of up to 1000 pages or more
HyLighter Document Stores
- My Documents - all documents owned by you
- My Invites - all documents that others have shared with you
- My Document Sets and Public Document Sets* - Selected documents that share a common document set tag
- Available Documents* - Lists all HyLighter documents with public status and available for adding to a document set.
- HyLighter Library** – Admin creates libraries of documents imported to HyLighter that users can copy to their My Docs. This will allow multiple users to start separate HyLighter activities using the same document.
- View reviewers
- View owner
- Pass ownership to selected reviewer
- Set permissions by individual user and group identities**
- Instant Feedback** – allows owner to set permissions on an individual discussion thread
- Public - Anyone with access to the server and the URL for the document can sign in and markup the document.
- Private w/ Guests - Users who are not invited by the owner to the document cannot sign in but can see the document in guest mode. They can also add a these semi-private documents to their document sets.
- Private: Only users specifically invited by the owner of the document can see the content of the document.
- Enables almost any number of reviewers to share annotations and engage in threaded discussions tied to any fragment on a page in real time or asynchronously without visually trampling the page or overwhelming the margin.
- Logged in user marks fragments with the equivalent of a yellow highlighter pen. Other users marks fragments with the equivalent of blue highlighter pens. Overlap appears green.
- Selected fragments and related comments appear orange.
- Color-coding passed to Visual Links node graph to indicate which nodes contain input from the logged in user in relationship to all contributors.
- Suggested change
- Pinpoint email – user sends a selected fragment and comment to recipient by email. Recipient replies and comment is posted to document margin. Makes the process of socializing fragments of content from a document in HyLighter as simple as sending around an email.
Future comment types**
- Document level notes or g-notes
- Document set level notes
- Sticky post – owner of document can add hylights that appear even when permissions to view owner input is turned off (e.g., for embedding questions into a document and hiding owner answers)
- Link Sets - a type of customizable and reusable tag the users can add to describe links between fragments*
- Link to internal and external documents
- Link related fragments within and between documents and describe the relationships - HyLighter assigns a unique comment- level URL (CLU) to each comment and related fragment
- Easy Link capability allows user to create links through a previous actions list or search result*
- Linking across SP libraries**
- Cross-set, cross domain, cross organization linking**
- Add tags as comma separated list
- Add machine readable tags (RDF triples)
- Tag table and custom tag categories*
- Tag sets*
- Suggested Revisions
- Status – accept, reject, etc.
- Tags added automatically
- Author name
- Time/date stamp
- Document ID*
- Page # for PDFs**
- Owner change of reviewers comments*
- Daily digest
- Granular notification – by frequency documents, specific users**
- Due Date – add a due date to a comment and receive reminders through daily digest**
- Native search**
- Filter and sort comments in margin
- Expose HL data to SP native search**
- Matrix View to Word
- Jasper Reports*
- Visual representation as node graph in visual analytics platform (in beta testing)
- Support for other reporting and analytics applications**
- Export results of multi document activity as HTML or PDF**
- Learning Environments**
- Social Libraries**
- Preview editor on import
- End-of-document editor**
- Integration with HTML editor**
- Integration with MS WebApps**
- Integration with GoogleDocs**
- Visual Analytic’s Visual Link (in beta testing)
- Jasper Reports*
- Other reporting and analytics applications**
- Social networks**
- Instant messaging**
- OpenClass LMS**
* - coming soon
** - In development/design phase